Thursday, July 22, 2010

Does any one has any info about DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION in Windows? This window comes and explorer restarts?

I have observed that very often I'm getting the message "DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION To help protect your computer, windows has closed this program. Name:Windows Explorer After I select the message close this message explorer window goes off and I get a message Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. This happens when I'm opening windows explorer. It doesnt allow me to browse through the files in Windows Explorer. Please help!

Does any one has any info about DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION in Windows? This window comes and explorer restarts?
DEP is a program within windows that protects windows data from being damaged from viruses and such. It will close any program that is in danger of being damaged by malware or viruses and such. Appearantly you must have a virus that is affecting Explorer.exe.





Make sure your computer is free of viruses. Update your antivirus and do a full system scan. If your computer appears to be clean I would advise going to symantec security center and getting an online scan just to double check to make sure your antivirus program is not missing something





Go here do a virus scan http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home....





If any viruses are found they usually give you manual removal instructions or you can look them up on their site.





I hope this helps good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment