Sunday, November 20, 2011

Heartworm prevention - proheart?

is it true it got recalled in the USA due to deaths? my dog is on the proheart tablets, will he die?


i know proheart also has injection ones, not available in australia, is that what caused the deaths? or the tablets?

Heartworm prevention - proheart?
Our pets our members of our family and they are loyal and ever so dependent on us for their wellbeing.





I believe that a monthly prevention is better than a 6 month or 12 month injection as that much of prevention is an overload on your pets system. I use a product called Nuheart on my two dogs and get it from www.nuheart.com It is very good and very well priced. Just make sure you let them know what kind of dog you have and what your pet weighs.





Take care :)
Reply:It was the Proheart6 shot that was recalled due to the many deaths.


The shot was given once every six months.


Nothing has been said about the pill form, but I would just switch to a different one if I was you, just to be safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment